The letter X is the twenty-fourth letter of the English alphabet. Here is a list of foods that start with the letter X, along with their definitions.
Common Foods that Start with X
- Xacuti: A Goan curry of meat cooked with spices, dried red chilies and grated coconut.
- Xanthan Gum: A food thickening agent derived from the fermentation of bacteria.
- Xavier Soup: An Italian soup parmesan-and-parsley dumpings.
- Xi Gua Lao: A watermelon-based jelly that is traditional in Beijing.
- Xiaolongbao: A Chinese steamed bun with a pork filling.
- Xidoufen: A Chinese pea flour soup flavored with Sichuan pepper oil, garlic, ginger, coriander and chili flakes.
- Ximenia: The edible fruit of a wild African tree of the same name.
- Xinomavro Grapes: A grape grown in Greece that is used to produce red wine.
- Xnipec: A Mexican salsa made with tomatoes, cilantro, onions, habanero peppers and sour orange juice.
- Xoconostle: A type of cactus fruit.
- Xôi: A Vietnamese dish made of glutinous rice boiled with various ingredients such as pork or chicken.
- Xuanwei ham: Chinese dry-cured ham.
- Xylitol: A sugar substitute used as a sweetener.