The letter V is the twenty-second letter of the English alphabet. Here is a list of foods that start with the letter V, along with their definitions.
Common Foods that Start with V
- Vanilla: A plant whose fruit is used to flavor and scent foods and beverages, such as ice cream.
- Veal: The meat of a calf.
- Vegetable: A plant cultivated for use as food for humans. It may be eaten raw or cooked, and includes roots and leaves as well as roots such as the potato.
- Venison: The meat of a deer.
- Vienna Sausage: A wiener sausage smoked and dried, often made into long lengths.
- Vinegar: A sour liquid that forms by the fermentation of alcohol.
- Vitamin: An organic compound essential for the growth, repair, and nutrition of the body.
European Foods that Start with V
- Vinaigrette: A dressing, usually oily, that consists of a vinegar-and-oil combination topped with minced herbs.
- Vol-Au-Vent: [French] Puff pastry with a savory filling.
Indian Foods that Start with V
- Vindaloo: A curry known for its high degree of spiciness.
African Foods that Start with V
- Vetkoek: [South African] A deep-fried dough bread that can be stuffed with savory fillings.