The letter R is the eighteenth letter of the English alphabet. Here is a list of foods that start with the letter R, along with their definitions.
Common Foods that Start with R
- Rabbit Pie: A pie containing cooked rabbit meat.
- Radicchio: A plant that resembles a red cabbage and is in the chicory family.
- Radish: A plant whose root has a peppery taste.
- Raisin: A dried grape.
- Rapeseed: A plant grown for its oil-rich seed, which is used in cooking.
- Raspberry: A red or pink fruit that is usually very sweet.
- Red Cabbage: A type of cabbage that is dark-red/purple in color.
- Rhubarb: An edible plant that has red stems and green leaves.
- Ribs: Meat from the rib section of an animal.
- Rice: A starchy grain that is a staple food in many countries.
- Roast: Meat that has been cooked under a grill or in an oven.
- Roll: Bread that has been shaped into a cylinder.
- Romaine: A type of lettuce.
- Rosemary: A herb that is used in cooking.
- Rumaki: Pieces of chicken and bacon on skewers.
- Rutabaga: A root vegetable that is yellowish-brown in color.
- Rye: A cereal grain that is used to make bread.
European Foods that Start with R
- Ratatouille: [French] A dish of stewed aubergines, peppers and tomatoes.
- Ravioli: [Italian] A stuffed pasta.
- Risotto: [Italian] Rice cooked with broth until it becomes creamy.
Oriental Foods that Start with R
- Rice Vermicelli: [Chinese] A thin noodle made of rice flour.