The letter K is the eleventh letter of the English alphabet. Here is a list of foods that start with the letter K, along with their definitions.
Common Foods that Start with K
- Kale: A large edible leafy green vegetable that is often eaten cooked.
- Kebab: A dish meat roasted or grilled on a skewer.
- Ketchup: A tomato sauce that is often used as a condiment.
- Kettle Corn: A variety of popcorn that is typically covered in a butter, sugar and salt mix.
- Kidney Beans: A bean that has an oval-shaped brown shell and a small white interior.
- Kipper: A type of fish that is usually smoked.
- Kiwi: A type of fruit that has a brown coating and a light green flesh.
- Kohlrabi: A vegetable that is similar to a broccoli, but with a more bulbous stalk.
- Kumquat: A fruit that is similar to an orange.
Indian Foods that Start with K
- Korma: A mild creamy curry made of chicken, lamb or vegetables.
- Kulfi: A frozen dessert made from milk and cream.
Oriental Foods that Start with K
- Khao Man Gai: [Thai] A sticky rice and chicken dish.
- Khao Mu Daeng: [Thai] A dish of pork leg served with rice.
- Khao Na Ped: [Thai] A steamed rice and sliced duck dish.
- Khao Pat: [Thai] A rice dish with fish or chicken.
- Kung Pao: [Chinese] A spicy stir-fried dish with cubes of chicken, peanuts and vegetables.
Middle Eastern Foods that Start with K
- Kanafeh: A dessert made of thin layers of dough filled with cheese and drenched in sugar syrup.
- Kibbeh: A family of fried dishes based on on ground meat, grain, onions and spices fried.
- Kofta: Meatballs, generally served in a tomato sauce with pasta or rice.
African Foods that Start with K
- Kachumbari: Chopped tomato, cucumber, onion and chili pepper with fresh lime juice.
- Kedjenou: [Ivorian] Chicken in a thick sauce of onions, tomatoes, and peppers.
- Kelewele: [Ghanaian] Spicy plantain chips often eaten with groundnut sauce.
- Kenkey: [West African] A type of sourdough dumpling.
- Kitcha: [Ethiopian] A type of unleavened bread made from wheat flour.
- Kitfo: [Ethiopian] Minced raw beef spiced and cooked in mitmita.
- Konkonte: [Ghanaian] A dish made from dried and pounded cassava, and usually eaten with soup.
- Kuli-Kuli: [West African] A popular snack made from peanuts.