The letter W is the twenty-third letter of the English alphabet. Here is a list of foods that begin with the letter W, along with their definitions.
Common Foods Beginning with W
- Wafer: A thin, crispy cookie that is usually sweet.
- Waffle: A dish made of unleavened batter or dough cooked in a waffle iron
- Walnut: A tree nut, rounded in shape and with a hard shell.
- Water: A clear, colorless, odorless liquid that is vital to all forms of life.
- Water Chestnut: A tuber vegetable from a plant that grows in water.
- Watercress: A leaf vegetable that grows in water.
- Watermelon: A large, round melon with a hard, thick rind.
- Wax Beans: A type of snap bean with a long, slender pod.
- Whale Meat: The meat from whales.
- Wheat: A cereal grain grown for its edible starchy grains.
- Whey: A liquid that is left over after the curdling and straining of milk.
- Whipped Cream: Cream that has been whipped in a mixer until it has become fluffy and light.
- Wild Rice: The edible seed of an aquatic grass.
British Foods Beginning with W
- Welsh Rarebit: A toasted slice of bread with melted cheese on top.
Oriental Foods Beginning with W
- Wasabi: [Japanese] A green paste made from horseradish root, used as a condiment on sushi and other foods.
- Wonton: [Chinese] A type of Chinese dumpling.
African Foods Beginning with W
- Wat: [Ethiopian and Eritrean] A stew made from meat, vegetables, clarified butter and a mixture of spices.
- Waterblommetjiebredie: [South African] A stew made from lamb and the indigenous waterblommetjies plant.