The letter T is the twentieth letter of the English alphabet. Here is a list of foods that begin with the letter T, along with their definitions.
Common Foods Beginning with T
- Tangelo: A hybrid of the tangerine and pomelo citrus fruits.
- Tangerine: A citrus fruit similar to an orange but smaller and with thinner skin.
- Tapioca: A starch extracted from cassava roots.
- Taro: A starchy root vegetable grown in tropical regions around the world.
- Tarragon: A perennial herb used for culinary and medicinal purposes.
- Tart: A type of fruit pie with a sweet or savory filling.
- Tea: A brewed beverage derived from the leaves of Camellia sinensis plants.
- Tetrazzini: A type of casserole composed of chicken or seafood, mushrooms and cheese topped with a creamy sauce.
- Thyme: A perennial herb used for culinary and medicinal purposes.
- Toast: Bread that has been browned by exposure to intense heat. It is often served with toppings such as butter or jam.
- Toffee: A sweet candy made by caramelizing sugar with butter.
- Tomatillo: A bright green, oval-shaped fruit with a slightly tart taste that is used in South American cuisine.
- Tomato: A fruit commonly used in salads, soups and stews as a vegetable.
- Tomato Sauce: A sauce made from tomatoes.
- Torte: A sweet cake.
- Trout: A freshwater fish that often has a brown color.
- Tuna: A type of fish that can be found in the Pacific and Atlantic oceans.
- Turducken: A boneless chicken stuffed into a boneless duck, which is itself stuffed into a boneless turkey.
- Turkey: A bird of the pheasant family that is commonly served for holidays.
- Turmeric: A plant used in cooking as a yellow spice.
- Turnip: A root vegetable grown in temperate climates.
European Foods Beginning with T
- Tiramisu: [Italian] A creamy sponge cake with coffee-flavored cream and cocoa powder.
- Tortellini: [Italian] A round pasta stuffed with cheese and meat.
Mexican Foods Beginning with T
- Taco: A tortilla filled with meat or cheese and garnished with cabbage, lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, and salsa.
- Tortilla: A thin unleavened flatbread that is typically made from corn or wheat flour.
- Tostada: A tortilla that has been deep-fried and topped with meat, cheese, lettuce, and salsa.
Indian Foods Beginning with T
- Tandoori Chicken: Chicken marinated in yogurt and spices cooked in tandoori clay oven.
Oriental Foods Beginning with T
- Teriyaki: [Japanese] A style of cooking in which meats or vegetables are broiled with a sauce made from soy sauce, mirin and sugar.
- Tofu: [Japanese] A soft, white food derived from pressed soya beans.
- Tom Kha Gai: [Thai] A soup of coconut milk, lemongrass, galanga, mushrooms and chicken.
- Tom Yum Kung: [Thai] A spicy and sour soup, usually cooked with shrimp.
Middle Eastern Foods Beginning with T
- Tabbouleh: Salad made of bulgur and chopped parsley with lemon juice, olive oil, and tomato mixed in.
- Tahini: A paste made from sesame seeds and used in salad dressings and hummus.
African Foods Beginning with T
- Tapalapa Bread: [Gambian] A traditional bread that looks similar to a baguette.
- Thieboudienne: [Sahelian] A traditional dish made from fish, rice and tomato sauce.
- Tomato Bredie: [South African] A stew made with mutton and often served with rice.