The letter L is the twelfth letter of the English alphabet. Here is a list of foods that begin with the letter L, along with their definitions.
Common Foods Beginning with L
- Lamb: The meat cut from a sheep.
- Lard: The thick fat from the back and stomach of a pig.
- Leeks: A plant with long green leaves and a white portion that grows underground.
- Legumes: A plant that is grown for its seeds.
- Lemon: A citrus fruit that grows on a lemon tree.
- Lemonade: A sweet drink that is usually made with lemons.
- Lentils: A legume that is grown for its seeds, which are dried and cooked to make many lentil-based dishes.
- Lettuce: A green, leafy vegetable.
- Licorice: A black-colored confection made from the extracts of the licorice plant.
- Lima Beans: A legume that is grown for its edible beans.
- Lime: A citrus fruit that is smaller than a lemon and usually green in color.
- Liver: An organ present in vertebrate animals that filters out toxins.
- Loaf: Bread baked in an oblong shape.
- Lobster: A crustacean that lives in the water and has strong claws.
- Lollipop: A candy that is shaped like a circle, usually with a stick in the middle.
- Longan: A type of tropical fruit that has white flesh.
- Loquat: A fruit that is related to the peach and has orange flesh.
- Lox: A brined salmon.
- Lychee: A type of tropical fruit that has soft white flesh and a rough, pinkish-red skin.
European Foods Beginning with L
- Lasagne: [Italian] A dish made of layers of pasta, meat, cheese and tomato sauce.
Indian Foods Beginning with L
- Lassi: A yogurt drink, with water, spices and sometimes fruit.
Oriental Foods Beginning with L
- Larb: [Lao] A kind of meat salad.
Middle Eastern Foods Beginning with L
- Labneh: A traditional Lebanese dish of strained yogurt.
- Lahmajoun: A pizza-like dish.