The letter F is the sixth letter of the English alphabet. Here is a list of foods that begin with the letter F, along with their definitions.
Common Foods Beginning with F
- Fava Beans: Large, broad, oval-shaped beans.
- Feijoa: Fruit of the feijoa tree, sometimes called pineapple guava.
- Fennel: A perennial licorice-flavored herb.
- Fig: The fruit of a fig tree.
- Fillet: Boneless meat cut from the loin or rib cage of an animal.
- Finger Steaks: Thin steak strips covered in batter and then deep fried.
- Fish: The flesh of various aquatic animals. Fish can be prepared by cooking, baking or frying, and sometimes smoking or drying.
- Fish Finger: A food made by slicing a large fish into pieces, breading it with flour and frying it until crispy.
- Flan: A type of custard dessert with a layer of caramel sauce.
- Flax: A plant whose seeds are used for grounding into meals or producing linseed oil
- Flour: A powder formed by grounding grain that is used as a binding agent for food.
- French Fries: Potatoes cut into strips and fried until soft or crispy.
- Fresno Chile: A variety of hot pepper.
- Fried Rice: A preparation of rice that is stir-fried.
- Frito Pie: A popular Tex-Mex dish made from corn chips, chili and cheese.
- Fritters: Tiny ball-shaped treats made from batter.
- Fruit: The sweet fleshy part of a plant or tree that usually grows on the outside, often containing seeds.
- Frybread: A flat, baked bread made from wheat flour, sugar, salt and fat.
- Fudge: A soft candy, made from butter, sugar and other ingredients combined together.
British Foods Beginning with F
- Fish And Chips: A deep-fried fish fillet served with chips.
European Foods Beginning with F
- Fettuccine: [Italian] a spiral pasta which is slightly thicker than spaghetti, and is almost twice as long.
- Focaccia: [Italian] a flat, round Italian bread shaped like a disk with holes in it.
- Foie Gras: [French] the liver of a goose or duck that has been specially fattened by feeding it.
Mexican Foods Beginning with F
- Fajita: A tortilla with a filling of grilled meat or vegetables.
- Flauta: A rolled up tortilla with a filling of chicken, beef or pork, which is then deep-fried.
Oriental Foods Beginning with F
- Fish Sauce: The salty brown liquid made from salting and fermenting fish.
Middle Eastern Foods Beginning with F
- Falafel: Deep-fried balls of pureed chickpeas.
- Fatayer: Triangular pastries stuffed with vegetables, cheese, or meat.
- Fatteh: A dish consisting of toasted pita bread, cut into small pieces, covered with yogurt sauce and topped with onions, chickpeas, cucumbers, and tomatoes.
- Fattoush: A salad made from chopped vegetables mixed with fried pieces of bread.
African Foods Beginning with F
- Fufu: [Central & West African] A staple food made of cassava, plantain, yam or rice boiled and mashed into dough-like balls.
- Funkaso: [Nigerian] A savoury fried dumpling.